Wednesday, April 10, 2013

That's The Route

To get a route when we are in Chennai, the best ever people to be enquired upon are the Auto-Rickshaws. Those are the real class of people who are ready with an answer, for every route related questions posed to them. The irony is even if they don't know still they would manage an answer. I had an experience with them in recent times.

To any place we travel, one should always have enough details,as to where he is heading to and what information he requires in order to reach there. These are the basic prerequisites one would be expected to possess. Sadly a big thanks to the government of TN frequent power cuts, made me end up as a bait to all the above criterions.

Thoroughly exited upon the fascinating idea of meeting the members of the "Chennai Bloggers Club" (knwon as CBC), was I, on a very pleasant Sunday evening, the location named as the Broken Bridge. The run up to the day was so exiting that made me forget the area of the location, rather I just remembered the name. Fine I am a chennailite, can easily figure it out. Or even more if Sunday noon I log in and browse Google maps, I can find out where the location is. Lo Behold.! The power got cut.

Scheduled the meeting at 4 P.M in the evening, I started Fifteen minutes prior to the scheduled time. Such was the confidence on my driving skills, when I realized, I didn't know which area was it in. "OK, I can find out with anybody whom I meet". My first person was an Auto Rickshaw guy.
"Sir how to go to Broken Bridge Adyar?" Guessed it would be there.
"Do you know how to go to Adyar?" I realised I framed the question wrong.
"Sorry, Do you know where Broken Bridge is?"
"Beasant Nagar"
"Thanks"

Off I flew, "see it is very simple to find the route, man I know chennai". Thus was my thinking, until I reached Beasant Nagar. "Ok now where in Beasant Nagar", thought I. Another auto rickshaw guy happened to phrase it in a beautiful way.
"Sir, You need to go straight, then take the left, then follow the road straight turn no where, you will reach a rountana turn right, go straight, there will be a bridge that is the bridge there is no other bridge."

Thanking him, I somehow managed to reach the bridge. "Oops I don't have any CBC members in contact".
Midst these thoughts, I reached the place, but it had no relation with the name Broken Bridge. It was perfectly painted and upon it was embedded "Thiru Vi Ka Bridge Welcomes you" Well Probably another name I said to myself.

I called up my long time friend Mythri, who introduced me to this club. After warm greetings exchanged,"Hey, I guess I am at the Broken Bridge and don't have any contact of the persons, coming for the meeting can you forward me to them?". "Yeah Sure, there is a person named Jothi Vel, who is the coordinator, I will give you his number. By the way, you found out broken bridge eh good man".
Adjusting my voice and proudly said,"Hey, yeah there is only one bridge in Beasant Nagar and that is the Thiru Vi Ka bridge. So it was quite easy.."
Mythri intercepted" Thiru Vi Ka bridge eh Hari, you are in Adyar."

Jothi Vel immediately came to rescue soon after the conversation. A beautiful guide to the place made me reach at exactly 5 P.M. "Just an Hour late", thought I. Well there was the team, Mr Jothi, Mr. Harish, Ms Bhagirathy Samudram who introduced herself as Rathi, Ms. Bhavia Velayudhan, Sunder Rajan , Harsha 'Mariner', Mr. Vinod Velayudhan and Mr. Sahaya Joseph. After quite a laughter upon my experience in finding the route, it was really great to be with the team.

Bhagirathy, who had a great knowledge and interest in history of India was the highlight, en-lighting me  on the real incidents happened. It had me wonder her knowledge on that subject. All the guys were awesome and this was sure an one off meeting.



Vinod was a professional photographer and so was Sahaya. "Wow, that really sounds awesome. I sure ought to have one good display picture in FB for myself." thought I.
Well Jokes apart, this was really a very good gathering and the time spent was indeed beyond explanations.
And as Sunder had put it out in his status, "Though the bridge might be broken, it sure provided the platform for the beginning of our friendship". That was really a good thinking. And indeed "That's The Route".

P.S: Vinod I am sorry to use this picture of yours without your permission.My apologies.

Note: There were Five instances of power cut, before I could finish this piece of writing.
          All hail Govt. Of TN.  

4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad that you could complete the post and make it available for us inspite of the power problems.

    From your post I got this: Auto fellows are the best direction givers and everyone in India follows IST -Indian Stretchable Time.

    Glad you could make it, Hariharan. Thanks.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Hari, finally you reached the destination, moving ahead had fantastic time spend too. Great Man! nicely framed your happiness and grievance and must appreciate your confidence too for being on time though had few falls :P

    ReplyDelete