Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Day in my life as Sherlock!!

It is not really new for majority of the people to get inspired by characters from the reel life. All class of people starting from children to the old age tend to imitate thereby making them wish their real life was ever reel. I am a guy no different from the majority.

The inspiration behind this writing is surely attributed to the recent release of Sherlock Holmes movie series. A spellbinding movie really made me use Holmes gestures on an entirely different plane. Whenever I walked, hands were held behind and the ordinary clothing of mine represented a picture of Holmes suite. This was the power of my imagination, upon which I stood, in front of my Girlfriend.
"Hello, Darling, good to see you. Did I make you wait for a long time?". Seeing the look on her face, her eyes red due to constant rubbing of dust or crying perhaps, the skin under her eyes slightly black, her hair messed up a bit, just indicates she has been waiting for a long time. Her fists tighten grip, I can presume she is about to slap, best defense available, bend down else your cheek is gone. Brother BEND quick!!..

KICK.. "Ouch I never expected that..". "You are late by an hour. Did you realise that?". "That's cool, but girls generally slap, my goodness you are very different", I retorted. After a slight pause I get the reply, "Honey, you are not the only one to watch Holmes movies."
I can never imitate Sherlock.

Such is the effect of imaginary characters who make us feel they are real. We end up imitating them in our daily work thereby visualizing it to have the same extravagant effect.

Upon getting hit, my next stop happened to be with my boss. Walking along the bay, I really admired the construction of Corporate offices, especially mine.The office is pretty huge but the allotment of seats for the employees is significant in its own way. For example my seat is at the rear end of the bay while my boss finds himself at the other extreme.Whenever he needs clarification he calls me and the frequency increases every couple of minutes. I end up reducing lot of weight in this process. Supplementing the cigarette pipe is my pen which seemed to taste better and better as I approached the meeting room. Remember I am Sherlock Holmes at the moment.

Glued to the laptop screen, he sees me entering with the corner of his eye. With a silent nod, I took over my position. Waiting for the conversation to commence, I simply glanced over the room. Quite a small well lit room, but enough to accommodate couple of persons, the air surrounding us had a sniff of suspense.Without knowing for what purpose I was summoned, the imaginary character came into play. What is he working on?.Is it regarding my feedback. There were some rumors doing the rounds, or was it regarding my appraisal, or was it regarding my leave which I have applied for. Why is he gazing so deeply into that small screen. Let me interrogate him with brilliant questions and corner him, the Sherlock Holmes style. Twenty minutes have gone by without a word. Midst all the thoughts he clears his throat and asks 
"Do you know anything about connectivity?".
Puzzled upon the question I requested for an elaboration.
"For a long time the internet is not getting connected. Can you solve this for me."
"Yes, sure, the internet cable is not connected to the laptop. Please do connect it."
Is this what you called me for? Oh my, There is no use imitating Sherlock.

7 comments:

  1. Ouch!! Dude consult a doctor soon... That kick may have impact on your future :p :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horribly Funny and humourous... Keep the humour strain in you alive always.... The ending of manager saying internet not working was icing on the cake!!Well Writ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari my dear, this was height of being Sherlock Holmes :P :D :D
    but it was hilarious :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete