Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crap.. I Wanted It To Happen The Other Way!!

   Walking on the platform of the most busiest of streets in Chennai, one can hardly guess which street it might be though, at the moment leads to PondyBazzar. Festival time or not this street is more pedestrian traffic prone rather than vehicles. It so happened a purchase I wished to make, a T shirt, that took nearly half a day exhausted my strengths when suddenly a girl clad in white Chudidar happened to pass on the opposite lane. "Hey I know her" was my minds recollection, quick cross the road, was the instruction from my head, meet her and say a "Hi". Amidst all the instructions, "Hey Son, How are you? what a pleasant surprise? What are you doing here? How big you have grown now?...". "Oh.. H..i.. um.Hello Aunty. It is really nice to see you." Crap I Really Wanted It To Happen The Other Way.

Barging in on the most opportune moment in a person's life is a way within itself. One can never predict but just sit and wonder as to how both the instances present itself at the same time.I do not know whether these type of incidents happen in other people's life, but it is a common feature in mine.

The most impressive of all is at the morning of an examination. Five important points to be revised. Just before entering the exam hall and barely 5 minutes before the commencement, "Hey buddy.. All the Best Do Well..!!". "Hey Hi Thanks Reema. How have you prepared", My face beamed. "Kind of ok, see you after the exam." Smiles exchanged and seeing her off into the hall, "Oh my, where is the book? what are the five points?"."Time is up Close your books. Enter into the hall." came the instruction. Why don't these girls choose some other time to give us their smile, Crap I Really Wanted It To Happen The Other Way.

Of all the time in the world, these situations present themselves at the most critical juncture. Two or three more people giving you instructions at the same time making you stranded and wondering as to which instruction you need to follow first. You really need to ask them to repeat it again.

You never really know when your friends do the favor they really promised you. Picking us up from a specified point at a specified time would never happen in the history of friendship. Neither would a planned prank on someone be executed properly. A quiz competition was doing the rounds during the final semesters. We decided to enter a buddy's name with whom I shared the same name except for the initials. All set and done and the prank, thinking well executed, my friend and me were excitedly awaiting the look on my buddy's face when his name was called out.

The name was called but there was no reaction on my buddy's face.
"Dude his name is read out, but why is he not reacting?" exclaimed my friend
"How will he? That's the name with my initial."
Crap I Never Really Wanted It To Happen That Way!!

2 comments:

  1. Great hilarious post ;-) .. Lot of maturity from your previous post in terms of writing :)
    Somewhere I must admit you tickle the humour bone well :P :P :) keep posting more like this :)

    ReplyDelete